Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cumpari's Gelato & Cafe

535 North Road
Coquitlam, BC

It was another girls' hang out! We went to Cumpari's for some desserts and girl talk. Despite the lack of places for desserts in the Tri-Cities area, this was only my second time here. I guess I've always ventured out to downtown for my desserts.

 
Cumpari's is a pretty spacious and large cafe with a good selection of gelato and cakes, and they also have some panini sandwiches as daily specials; however, be warned: their items are quite expensive for this area (probably due to lack of competition, they are able to set their prices this high?). They have additional seating on the second floor but it was closed off when we were there. 
 
Regular-sized coffee

I ordered a regular coffee to go with the sweets. Cream and sugar was available on the side. Their coffee was actually not too bad.


We ordered 3 cakes to share between the 5 of us. Ok, they were pretty big slices so perhaps it justifies the high prices...

Pistachio cake

I am not a big fan of pistachio so I only ate a few bites of this cake. I couldn't really detect much pistachio flavour but the cake was moist with the creamy layers in between.

Ferrero Rocher cake

I chose the Ferrero Rocher cake since I wanted something chocolatey. I thought this was a pretty good cake. The cake part was meh (like regular chocolate cake) but the dense fudgy layer was rich with chocolatey hazelnutty goodness, albeit a little too sweet. The little crispy balls on the outside provided a bit of texture to the cake.

Mango Greek Yogurt cake

This cake had layers of sponge cake sandwiched between another 2 layers of light and tangy mousse, then topped with a mango flavoured jelly. It was actually quite refreshing because the mousse was airy and not very sweet. The mango jelly provided most of the sweetness. This one seemed like the healthiest cake out of the 3 haha...

If I was craving for desserts, Cumpari's still wouldn't be one of my choices but for a local place to hang out over some drinks and sweets, it's still not a bad place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment