Monday, July 23, 2012

Guu Kobachi ~ Photolog

735 Denman Street
Vancouver, BC

W and I went to Guu Kobachi with 2 of our friends to post-celebrate W's birthday. Guu Kobachi is a new concept restaurant from the Guu Izakaya chain. This one specializes in a "no fixed menu" concept so their menu changes frequently to match whatever seasonal ingredients they have. Once again, I have forgotten to take photos of their menu so I have forgotten the names of some of these dishes...sorry.


Beef Tataki (?) 
It's definitely seared or broiled beef but I'm not sure if this was the beef tataki.

Miso Kushi
Breaded and deep fried pork and green onion on skewers with special Hacho miso sauce

Ebimayo's Sister
Shredded potato coated ebimayo

Grilled Gyu-tan
Sprinkled with black pepper and topped with shredded leeks

Korokke
Creamy mashed potato croquette with a whole prawn inside

Crunchy Chicken Gizzard
Deep fried chicken gizzard skin tossed with spice

Osaka Tako Tempura (?)
I believe this was the octopus tempura (Osaka style)

The food at Guu Kobachi was good, although, we all found their food to be on the saltier side (hey, it's good with beer!). This restaurant is smaller than all the other Guu's so seating is quite tight. I still need to visit Guu Otokomae in Gastown and I will have been to all of the Guu Izakaya's in Metro Vancouver!! Guu is guud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment