Saturday, January 27, 2018

Seven Magic Mountains + BSB Concert, Las Vegas

Usually, when W and I visit Las Vegas, there's no real reason except to sight-see and eat to our heart's content. However, this time, there was a specific purpose. That was because I had bought tickets to go see the Backstreet Boys concert (their LV residency "trial shows") at Planet Hollywood!!! Wahahaha!! I roped W into seeing my fave boyband from my pre-teen years...oh be still my giddy heart XD


Since the concert was at night, we still had the whole day free for other things. I did some research before our trip and found out that there was a unique public artwork just 30 minutes away from the Las Vegas strip in the middle of a barren landscape. It was called Seven Magic Mountains.


The artwork consisted of ginormous colourful limestone boulders stacked like totem poles. There were 7 of these structures in total with all of them standing 30 to 35 feet high! Set against the desert landscape and the bright blue sky, it was really a cool sight! This public artwork will only be there until May 2018 so it's really it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see it!


After having a quick dinner of poke at the Miracle Mile Shops within Planet Hollywood, W and I lined up to get inside the theatre! It was my first time attending a concert of this kind. My previous concert-going experiences were all of the Canto-pop variety which, I later found out, were very different to this show!

It was calm and everyone was sitting down before the concert began. The show began with a video montage of the BSB from their early days to their present-day works. People were still seated and jiving along to the music/video but when the boys stepped out and began singing "Larger Than Life", chaos erupted!!!


EVERYONE stood up and began dancing and singing along!! And me, being literally 5 ft tall, had to stand on my tippy toes the WHOLE NIGHT so that I could see the stage and the boys!! I also jammed out and sang along the whole night though XD. And W? Well, he also enjoyed the concert but let's just say he wasn't as enthusiastic as me and the other thousands of females in the theatre LOL.


I was exhausted by the end of the show but it was worth every ounce of energy and effort to get to see the BSB live in person!! It was definitely another once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will never forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment