Monday, November 13, 2017

2016 Japan & HK - ANA (HKG-NRT-YVR)

Time flies by so quickly when you're having fun. Sadly, it was time go back home :(

Leaving Hong Kong International Airport, we boarded ANA to Haneda Airport for our connecting flight back to YVR. On this short flight, we were served one hot meal, being our dinner.

Appetizers: (L-R) Japanese buckwheat noodles with Nameko mushrooms, nori, noodle sauce; Pork ham and pastrami beef with potato salad; Pickled diced veggies; Dinner roll
Entree: Seafood Creamy Pasta
Dessert: Mini Crunch Bar
Drink: Kayanoya vegetable soup

ANA had 2 unique drinks on board. One of them was the "Aromatic Kabosu", a green citrus fruit drink (sort of like lemonade). The other was the Kayanoya vegetable soup. For my dinner meal, I tried the vegetable soup as my drink of choice. It was a delicious savoury broth (reminiscent of a consomme), but a little on the salty side.

Entree: Simmered Beef in soy-based sauce over steamed rice

W opted for the Japanese meal. I think it was a sukiyaki style beef served with rice. Naturally, I had to eat all the peas for him LOL...

Same as when we flew to Japan, we were served one hot meal and one cold breakfast box as we made our way back to North America.

Appetizers: (L-R) Potato salad; mixed leaves with creamy French dressing; Noodles with minced meat and miso sauce
Entree: Seafood, Chicken and Simmered vegetables over steamed mixed rice
Dessert: (not pictured) Haagen Dazs vanilla ice cream cup
Drink: Coffee

For the last leg of the flight, I chose the Japanese meal. It certainly looked yummy! Unfortunately, I was feeling tired and cranky so I wasn't very into the food at that time.


I loved the variety in this plate though. The bamboo shoots were marinated well and surprisingly the shrimp and the egg was not that overcooked!

Entree: Tandoori Chicken with Saffron Rice

W had the Indian-influenced rice dish. Not sure of the flavours though since I didn't try it...but with ANA's quality of food, I'm sure it was tasty.

Finger sandwiches (L-R): Egg salad with cucumbers and deli meat; Smoked salmon with cream cheese; Ham and cheese with tomato and lettuce
Sides: Kabocha pumpkin mash paired with cocktail fruit; Bacon and cherry tomato
Dessert: Lightly sweetened plain yogurt, Mini Kit Kat bar

Finally, breakfast was served, which meant only a couple more hours until we land!

I was absolutely enamored with this breakfast box! The little pieces of crustless sandwiches were so dainty and cute! This time, a Japanese-branded yogurt was served alongside instead of the North American produced yogurt cup we had on our first flight. It was just lightly sweetened (no vanilla flavour) but I enjoyed it a lot.

Well, that's the end of my very first Japan trip! I've had a taste of the amazing city and experienced a tid-bit of the culturally-rich country. It has definitely left me yearning for many more return visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment