Sunday, December 20, 2015

Oregon Road Trip - Day 4 ~ Photo-log

Welp, the last day of our Oregon trip :( As we had to travel back to the border in time, we had breakfast at the Lake Oswego St. Honore Boulangerie and then hit the road for most of the day.


The pastries, sandwiches, and coffee always make good photos at St. Honore! I have a new favourite now: the mini raspberry croissant! Perfect size to satisfy my sweet tooth without as much guilt from the bite-sized buttery croissant!


Goes well with my cafe au lait!


I shared a ham and cheese croissant with W in addition to my mini pastries.


My sis and bro-in-law had the Quiche Lorraine and a few cakes and pastries to round out their breakfast.

After being on the road for a couple hours, we arrived in Seattle late in the afternoon. My bro-in-law suggested making a pit stop at Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream Shop. Having ice cream was a great incentive to stretch our legs out under the afternoon sun!


Leaving the decision making up to me (as always), W let me choose the 2 flavours for our double scoop in a cup. With a dozen or so interesting and yummy names, I totally hemmed and hawed for a long time! Finally, I went for the balsamic strawberry...


And I chose the Stumptown Coffee to appease W's traditional palate.


The ice-cream texture was spot on, being thick and creamy. The balsamic strawberry combination was not new to me but to see it together in ice cream form was new! Sweet and a little tangy from the balsamic, this was good to the last spoonful! The Stumptown Coffee was also strong and full of little bits of coffee grounds. We were fine with the ground coffee incorporated in the ice cream but my mom was not too fond of that.


We had dessert before our dinner! After having ice-cream, we went over to Kukai Ramen near Northgate Mall for a soothing, hot bowl of noodles. The ramen at Kukai was pretty good compared to the options back in Vancouver. The broth was flavourful and smooth while the texture of the curly noodles was just right for me, perfectly al-dente.

For me, I always need to have some form of Asian food at the end of a vacation to the States. Not only because I am usually craving for Asian food after having many meals of Western cuisine, but because it creates a feeling that I am ready go home, to fully conclude a great vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment