Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cork & Fin

221 Carrall Street
Vancouver, BC
 
To post-celebrate my birthday, my co-worker, K, and her girlfriend treated me to oysters!! She took me to Cork & Fin in Gastown for happy hour oysters.
 



It was a warm and sunny late afternoon so the small patio out front was already filled with patrons while the inside of the restaurant was empty. The front window was wide open though so it let in a nice cool breeze and brightened up the dining area.


I'm so sorry, I have completely forgotten which types of oysters I sampled here. I believe the larger, meatiers ones (half a dozen) were Royal Miyagi? They tasted creamier and heavier while the other half a dozen were a smaller sized oyster but it tasted crisper and had a clean ocean-y saltiness to it.


We also ordered the oyster motoyaki from the happy hour menu. Not my favourite way to eat oysters because I don't like the goop of mayo on top. The oyster underneath was baked to just the right doneness though.


I liked the smaller oysters from the first round, so we ordered this type exclusively for our second round of oysters. This time, the platter came with a dish of grated horseradish. I'm not educated in oysters and I don't have much intention on learning but eating freshly shucked oysters was still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment